Accounting Clerk - Receivables
Company: Outdoor Cap Company, Inc
Location: Bella Vista
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description Position Summary
- Title Accounting Clerk - Receivables
- Department Finance
- Reports to Accounting Manager
- FLSA Hourly, Non-Exempt The Accounting Clerk is responsible for
applying payments received from customers, issuance and
reconciliation of credits and invoices for customer accounts,
making and receiving phone calls, assisting with interdepartmental
account research, routing invoices for approval, recording and
maintaining factory receivables reports, entering invoices in to
system, recording payments to vendors, and other support roles for
the accounting team as needed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all customer payments received through our lockbox
- Resolve any payment questions with collections team and/or
- Entry of checks and bank wires into system and apply to
- Create misc. credit memos as needed.
- Maintain Chargeback spread sheet and work with customers to
- Report Monthly to Management team regarding status of
- Work with collection team to resolve customer's questions.
- Assist in taking customer calls regarding any payment or
charges to their accounts.
- Weekly – Prepare report that shows open credit memos with
credit card terms.
- Request and apply any refund checks for customers. • Maintain
files Skills and Competencies
- Expert in Excel, Intermediate knowledge of Word and other MS
- Strong attention to detail including handling confidential
information and uses exceptional organizational and time management
- Team and results oriented with the ability to meet tight
- Knowledge to include: Financial acumen of approved accounting
methods, and Ethical business practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Initiative and team player.
- Capable of working in high stress environment.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical computations. Education
- Two-year degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- General Ledger accounting experience Physical/Mental
- The person in this position frequently communicates with
internal and external customers and must be able to exchange
accurate information in a clear manner
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks
and operate other office machinery
- Able to remain in a stationary position (seated) 70% of the day
and occasionally reach, bend and move inside the office to access
files and product.
- Ability to move 10-20 lbs occasionally throughout day
- Adapt to moderate noise (Example: collaborative team
environment, office with computers, printing and light
- Able to hear a telephone ring Nothing in this job description
restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
Keywords: Outdoor Cap Company, Inc, Springdale , Accounting Clerk - Receivables, Accounting, Auditing , Bella Vista, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!