Accounting Clerk - Receivables
Company: Outdoor Cap Company
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Position Summary -
- Title - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Accounting Clerk -
- Department - - - - - - - -Finance
- Reports to - - - - - - - - -Accounting Manager
- FLSA - - - - - - - - - - - - -Hourly, Non-ExemptThe Accounting
Clerk is responsible for applying payments received from customers,
issuance and reconciliation of credits and invoices for customer
accounts, making and receiving phone calls, assisting with
interdepartmental account research, routing invoices for approval,
recording and maintaining factory receivables reports, entering
invoices into system, recording payments to vendors, and other
support roles for the accounting team as needed.Essential Duties
- Process all customer payments received through our lockbox
- Resolve any payment questions with collections team and/or
- Entry of checks and bank wires into system and apply to
customer's accounts. -
- Create misc. credit memos as needed. -
- Maintain Chargeback spread sheet and work with customers to
resolve payment -
- Report Monthly to Management team regarding status of
- Work with collection team to resolve customer's questions.
- Assist in taking customer calls regarding any payment or
charges to their accounts. -
- Weekly - Prepare report that shows open credit memos with
credit card terms. -
- Request and apply any refund checks for customers. --- Maintain
files -Skills and Competencies
- Expert in Excel, Intermediate knowledge of Word and other MS
- Strong attention to detail including handling confidential
information and uses exceptional organizational and time management
- Team and results oriented with the ability to meet tight
- Knowledge to include: Financial acumen of approved accounting
methods, and Ethical business practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Initiative and team player.
- Capable of working in high stress environment.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical computations.Education
- Two-year degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- General Ledger accounting experience -Physical/Mental
- The person in this position frequently communicates with
internal and external customers and must be able to exchange
accurate information in a clear manner -
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform computer tasks
and operate other office machinery
- Able to remain in a stationary position (seated) 70% of the day
and occasionally reach, bend and move inside the office to access
files and product.
- Ability to move 10-20 lbs occasionally throughout day
- Adapt to moderate noise (Example: collaborative team
environment, office with computers, printing and light traffic). -
Keywords: Outdoor Cap Company, Springdale , Accounting Clerk - Receivables, Accounting, Auditing , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!