RN Case Manager- (Registered Nurse) - Float
Company: Arkansas Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The RN Float Nurse is a Registered Nurse who provides appropriate
hospice nursing care in various hospice RN roles and settings. The
Float RN may provide services in the areas of case management,
admissions, on call, and inpatient care. The Float RN will provide
care in all hospice service locations within the Arkansas Hospice
Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; BSN
Experience: Minimum of one year nursing experience in a hospital,
home health agency, hospice, or related program.
Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Arkansas.
Additional Requirements: Valid Arkansas driver's license, CPR
certification, personal automobile, automobile insurance, and
personal cell phone required. Will be required to travel both
locally and overnights within the Arkansas Hospice service
1. Assists in the admission process as requested.
2. Manages the patient case manager care functions until permanent
case manager assignment is made.
3. Coordinates and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members
for the management of the plan of care on an ongoing basis to meet
4. Updates the Plan of Care on an ongoing basis keeping other team
members current regarding the progress of the patient's physical
status and any changing needs for care.
5. Facilitates effective written and verbal communication with
patients/families and other healthcare providers.
6. Maintains communication with attending physician concerning plan
of care and resources for assigned patients/families.
7. Monitors pain and symptom control to assure optimal patient
8. Coordinates CNA scheduling needs with Patient Care
Coordinator/Area Manager or designee in assigned work location.
9. Serves as a preceptor for nurses in orientation, students, and
trainees as assigned.
10. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, case
conferences, care planning activities, and other committee meetings
11. Provides education and information for patients, families,
regarding appropriate techniques for providing patient care.
12. Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities.
coordinates and provides education on hospice and hospice services
for patients/families and other team members.
13. When assigned, will assume responsibility for weekend, evening,
night, and holiday on call duty consistent with Arkansas Hospice
policies and procedures
14. Responds to medical and emotional crisis and/or death of
patients and makes home visits to provide direct care as
15. Attends the death, provides appropriate counsel at time of
death and notifies appropriate officials: may be responsible to
pronounce death and complete and sign the death certificate.
16. Performs triage with the caregiver/family regarding patient
needs, pain crisis, end-of-life issues and death.
17. Completes documentation in the electronic medical record daily,
as outlined by agency policy.
18. Maintains strict confidentiality at all times.
19. Utilizes and models excellent customer service skills at all
times; seeks opportunities to assist patients, families and
co-workers; demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
20. Accepts direction and follows instructions from supervisor;
seeks additional information as needed; works with minimal
21. Adheres to all organizational and departmental policies and
22. Continually meets organizational standards for attendance and
punctuality; notifies supervisor in a timely manner when employee
will be absent or late for work.
23. Attends all required meetings and inservices; seeks
opportunities for additional professional development activities as
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
THIS SECTION DESCRIBES WHAT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES AN
EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION SHOULD CURRENTLY POSSESS. THIS LIST MAY
NOT BE COMPLETE FOR ALL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
FOR THIS POSITION.
1. Knowledge of palliative care with emphasis on symptom control
associated with terminal illness.
2. Knowledge of the holistic approach toward patient care and the
nursing process as it applies to hospice patients and families.
3. Knowledge and acceptance of hospice philosophy and principles of
4. Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet
5. Ability to recognize both positive and negative aspects of death
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
7. Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and other
8. Ability to follow basic safety policies and procedures.
9. Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of
10. Ability to work as a team player.
11. Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and
12. Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and
13. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Keywords: Arkansas Hospice, Inc., Springdale , RN Case Manager- (Registered Nurse) - Float, Executive , Berryville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!