Senior Software Engineer Manager
Company: Store No. 8
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Store N -8 is the incubation arm of Walmart focused on emerging
trends and technologies. We pursue opportunities where
transformational impact is found and our name pays homage to
Walmart's eighth store where founder Sam Walton was known to
experiment. Our goal? Enable Walmart's business and help make the
lives of customers and associates better, one leapfrog capability
at a time.
This stealth team within Store N -8 is paving the way for extended
reality applications in the retail space creating productive and
entertaining immersive shopping experiences.
About the Role:This is the opportunity to get in early with a
stealth project currently developing in Walmart's Store No8
incubator. At Store No8, the team will discover and deliver
capabilities for the future of how we engage with technology and
people, through the unparalleled scale of Walmart's platform.
Top reasons to work with us:
- This is a rare opportunity - you will help shape the growth of
a stealth project from the ground up, ultimately helping Walmart's
customer of tomorrow to live better every day.
- Start-up energy, Walmart backing - you will move at the speed
of a start-up with the backing and of an established company.
- Long term vision - we are focused on transforming the way
people engage and connect with technology and each other.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical
- Experience in technical leadership and people management.
- 8+ experience of experience working in software
- Experience coding in Java or Scala.
- Experience in Unity is a plus.
- Experience with server-side engineering and architecture for
consumer facing applications.
- Hands on experience on building front-end applications for both
web and mobile.
About the job:Walmart's innovation lab (Store No 8) is looking for
a Sr. Engineering Tech Manager to help build the next-generation
commerce platform and extended-reality. Get in on the ground floor
with a fast-paced team in an emerging technology industry, backed
by the resources of a Fortune 500 company.
As a Sr. Engineering Tech Manager, you possess the engineering
expertise to provide technical leadership, and also manage a team
of engineers. You will guide the technical architecture decisions
and tradeoffs for your engineering team, contribute to product
strategy, and help inspire and develop the careers of your
Your leadership will enable the Walmart extended-reality
engineering team to create an innovative client-server platform for
the next generation of commerce.
- Provide guidance on the technical architecture of the server
and client platform of commerce in Walmart extended-reality
- Drive adoption of best practices in code robustness, testing,
- Work closely with Product Management, Operations, and UX
Designers to create high-quality software.
- Write robust, maintainable code for software features.
- Manage a team of engineers, providing mentorship, coaching, and
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience
in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years'
experience in software engineering
Keywords: Store No. 8, Springdale , Senior Software Engineer Manager, Executive , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!