Hospice CNA Joplin
Company: Integrity Home Care
Posted on: January 11, 2022
SummaryAs aHospice CNAyou will provide activities of daily
living (ADL) and end of life care and support to clients and
families, in their home or in facilities. Will be responsible for
providing care to clients who are current with hospice services.
Care delivered will promote comfort and dignity and be in line with
the hospice philosophy. All care provided will be authorized as
acceptable for the level of care in which the employee is
functioning. You willattend to client'sneeds whereverthey call
home. Weprovide one on one personal care with a personal touch.
Care includeassisting our clientswith bathing and dressing, cooking
meals, making beds, doing laundry and light housekeeping, even
shopping and running errands. We may help them in and out of bed,
in and out of the tub, or accompany them outside for a little
sunshine. No matter how the day unfolds, we provide all care with
love, compassion, integrity, and skill, knowing that because of us,
our client had a better day.What YOU will be responsible for:
- Responsible for observing the patient, reporting these
observations and documenting observations and care given.
- Assists, as needed, with personal care which may include
bathing, comfort skin care, oral hygiene, changing bed linen and
making an occupied bed as assigned.
- Assists, as needed, with feeding, passive range of motion and
use of assistive transfer devices (i.e. a Hoyer lift) after the
training and delegation by a licensed Integrity nurse.
- Performs various household duties essential to health care at
home including, but not limited to, disposal of infectious waste,
pest control, cleaning soiled linen, simple meal preparation,
housekeeping and pet care, performs necessary errands and/or shops
for essential items.
- Provides companionship for the client while primary caretaker
- Reports changes in patients condition to the Hospice RN.
Observes the caregiver and/or other individuals living with the
patient for any interpersonal or coping issues, and shares
information with appropriate team members.
- Participates in in-service programs and staff meetings, attends
hospice IDG meetings as needed.
- Respectful of patient and family environment and personal
- When needed will provide care to patients who are within 24-72
hours of end of life.
- Comfortable caring for patients who are facing the end of a
terminal illness.Education & Experience YOU should possess:
- Must be minimum 18 years of age, high school diploma or
equivalent is preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is
- Must meet at least one of the following:
- o Minimum six (6) months paid experience as agency homemaker,
nurse aide, maid or household worker;
- o Minimum one (1) year experience, paid or unpaid, in caring
for children, the sick, the elderly or disabled;
- o Successful completion of formal course in basic nursing arts
or nurse aide training.
- Employed with IHCH as a Nurse Aide for at least 90 days
preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a home environment preferred, previous
hospice experience is preferred.#CE
Keywords: Integrity Home Care, Springdale , Hospice CNA Joplin, Healthcare , Neosho, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!