Phlebotomist II - Float - $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS! req74103
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Rep PS II (Phleb) - Float - Bentonville, AR - Fulltime,
40hrs/week: Monday-Friday, Day Shifts$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!This
position is located in a Mercy Hospital facility where proof of
COVID-19 vaccination will be required.Job SummaryThe Patient
Services Representative II - Float (PSR II - Float) represents the
face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both
as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining
health decisions. The PSR II - Float draws quality blood samples
from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while
following established practices and procedures. The PSR II - Float
has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust
and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing
blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. This role
will direct daily activity at a Patient Service Center (PSC) or
In-Office Phlebotomy (IOP) and could also lead one or more PSR on
site. The PSR II - Float will demonstrate Quest Leadership
Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and
sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information.
Successful applicants may be assigned to a doctor's office, a
patient service center, in a house call environment, long term care
or as business needs dictate. Job Accountabilities
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. - This
includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and
- Administer oral solutions according to established
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all
written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems
or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements
accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of
test order from requisition or pulling order from database;
managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required,
including the safeguarding of assets and credit card
- Data entry and processing specimens including: labeling,
centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such
as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies,
protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual,
Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee
Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff
members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info / initials
including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were
labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and
based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay-up-to-date on company communications and assist with the
distribution of technical information to the work group.
- Perform Point of Care (POC) testing at those sites where needed
and the complete training/competency evaluations per Standing
Operating Procedure (SOP).
- With appropriate training, act as mentor and resource for new
employees, assisting with transition into the PSC work environment
and the familiarity with established procedures.
- Assist with periodic inventory counts, report shortages and
problems to group leader or supervisor as they occur.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the assigned work
group or PSCs.
- Communicate professionally with clients to resolve or refer,
and document problems, prepare problem documentation and report
critical issues as they occur.
- Ensure staff is following all safety precautions by wearing a
clean, button lab coat, gloves and face shield when required.
- Assist supervisors with the implementation of SOPs for
phlebotomy services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics
- Ensure facilities are neat, clean and in good repair, takes
appropriate action to advise Group Leader or Supervisor of required
repairs and maintenance.
- Will be required to act as a coach, mentor, instructor and
resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of
contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the group
lead or supervisor.Job Requirements
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes
weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Committed to all Quest Diagnostics policies & procedures
including Company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest
Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise good judgment.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and
clean driving record, if applicable.
- Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations
and required to cover at Patient Service Center/Mobile/Long Term
Care/In-Office Phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume
- Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to
communicate openly and -transparently with peers, supervisors and
patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout
Quest; and knowledge of our business.Physical Requirements
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. - -The normal
performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. -
-Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and
carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds
are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range
of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. - -Objects
exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires
long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand
frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position requires travel.
- Extensive use of phone and PC. - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness. - -
- Talking. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Walking. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - -
- Balancing. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Bending/kneeling. - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Reaching/twisting. - - - - - - - - - -[All requirements are
subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate
individuals with disabilities.All duties and requirements are
essential job functions.]Required Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California,
Nevada, and Washington.Work Experience
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of
pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
- Minimum 2 years in a Patient Service Center environment
- Customer service in a retail or service environment
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Springdale , Phlebotomist II - Float - $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS! req74103, Healthcare , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!