Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of
application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions.
At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science
to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don't rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage
it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We
invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not
only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers'
demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing
real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers'
diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And
we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added
service offerings to support every facet of our customers'
operations. In the most extreme environments and those more
familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place
at the right time. Whether building original equipment or
maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in
every industry to be more efficient, productive, and
We are Gates.
The Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer develops, plans, and
implements process improvement / capital projects for global power
transmission facilities. This position will be located in Siloam
Springs, Arkansas or Elizabethtown, Kentucky manufacturing
facility, also consider Denver Corporate office with the primary
focus on managing multi-facility capital and/or standardization
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may
be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.
- Prepares and presents capital project proposals for Gates'
manufacturing plants globally.
- Develops Statements of Work (SOW); prepares bid packages for
quote; reviews and provides the recommended sourcing decision.
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications in
sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and continuous
- Capital equipment support and run-off at equipment supplies and
Gates' manufacturing facilities.
- Management of project metrics including timing, spend forecast,
and key objectives.
- Supplier visits for project updates and equipment
- Research and develop new processes for both new and existing
- Training and support of the plant engineering staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS Degree; preferable in Electrical / Controls / Mechanical /
Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of specific experience in engineering
project management and implementation with progressive
- Strong experience in equipment specification, design, and
integration for new and existing processes; experience with various
industrial control systems and a basic understanding of machine
control concepts strong knowledge of electrical, pneumatic,
mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with integrating lean manufacturing and six sigma
principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent project management skills, including execution and
follow up assessment.
- Results oriented, seeks creative solutions to business
- Proven ability to lead cross functional and cross cultural
- Proficient project management and engineering related software
skills including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management Programs (Microsoft Project)
- AutoCAD/AutoCAD Inventor
- Capability SPC (Minitab)
- Time Management/Resource Planning.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be capable of presenting project information in front of
all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Strong team player, proactively able to step in to support
other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross
training of all functions, builds collaborative relationships.
- Takes action, anticipates the needs of internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to manage high pressure situations manages
conflict and prioritizes workloads.
- Self-directed and motivated with a willingness to travel 60 to
70% to the various Gates manufacturing facilities.
- PLC and operator interface programming a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
The noise level in the work environment is usually
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and
is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job
applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age,
disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic
information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBILITY?
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes
from third-party recruiters.