We improve life and were here to serve. What you do is something
special and contributes towards improving health within your
community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Dexter
Wellness Center.Our facility is managed by Power Wellness
Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art
medically integrated health and fitness centers.
The Aqua Instructor is responsible for teaching aquatic exercise
classes in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests
of the center.
1. Teach classes as scheduled, providing modifications to
accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Teach within standard guidelines of specialty
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and
effective approach to exercise.
4. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet
continuing education requirements.
5. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class
begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after
6. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed
classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
7. Provide a fun and engaging experience for the
8. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to
center hours and work schedules.
9. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications
necessary to perform job duties.
10. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety
procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction,
teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided
by Power Wellness)
- A group exercise instructor certification preferred. Preferably
an NCCA accredited certification.
- Certification for some specialty group exercise class
instruction is required.
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills,
and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and