Specialist, Client Development
Company: The NPD Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best
and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group
provides the world's most successful brands with leading market
research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with
analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while
anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with
innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who
join our team.
Join NPD's Walmart team and help NPD expand our impact across
Walmart Inc. You will analyze NPD data to develop insights and
recommendations for the General Merchandise industries NPD
measures. In this role, you will work directly with our contract
holders - the Walmart Customer Science team, support the activation
of some of our most strategic products and enable the expansion of
our advocacy outside of our core client base.
As part of NPD's Walmart team in Bentonville, you'll support one
of NPD's most strategic clients, join a fun team that includes both
year-round team engagement events and philanthropic activities when
the social environment allows. We enjoy a small office culture
where we pitch in to help each other, while also drawing on the
benefits of being part of a mid-sized, privately held, global
- You can be described as: Inquisitive, lifelong learner,
independent thinker, collaborative, adaptable, accountable.
- You are quick to respond to the needs of others by offering
cooperation and assistance with a project, program or effort. You
naturally provide the human assistance that is required in any
endeavor, and not just on your own terms.
- You ensure that a given project, program or effort is taken to
completion and achieves the desired result. You push for required
standards of excellence and live to see the impact of your
- 2 - 3 years' experience managing relationships with retail or
manufacturer clients, preferably in an insights function.
- Strong project management skills, solid attention to
- Good written and oral communication skills, with willingness to
- Demonstrated critical thinker and problem solver.
- Fluent in MS Office products, including but not limited
- Creating engaging presentations in PPT that communicate data,
insights and, abstract concepts in a succinct way.
- Deep proficiency in most of the following excel - Pivot tables
and reporting. Creating and debugging complex, nested formulas.
Conditional formatting. Macros/VBA. Experience with the Analysis
Preferred but not required
- Experience working with/for Walmart or Sam's Club General
Merchandise business (any department)
- Experience with retail disciplines of pricing, assortment, or
- Experience with point of-sale data and panel-based buyer
- Experience telling stories with data.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: The NPD Group, Springdale , Specialist, Client Development, Other , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!