Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: June 10, 2021
United States of America
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
scheduling, dispatching, and resolving problems for our drivers,
contractors, and/or carriers. This position requires you to have
exceptional proactive communication skills with internal and
external customers including resolving issues with timely pick up
and delivery, check calls, activity documentation, and overall
promoting a professional workplace attitude in a fast paced
environment. Incumbent must be able to work any shift to satisfy
the demand for flexibility of scheduling to ensure operational
success. This includes, but is not limited to, day shifts, night
shifts and weekend shifts.
- Responsible for professional, timely, and effective internal
and external driver interaction via phone calls and system
messages, by building and maintaining a positive attitude to
strengthen driver engagement in order to minimize turnover and
improve driver satisfaction and productivity.
- Responsible for driver load monitoring, including resolving any
issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or delivery,
while proactively communicating to the affected customers. These
problems normally include truck mechanical problems, traffic or
weather issues, or customer directed shipment changes.
- Maintains the company safety culture to include daily safety
messages, monthly driver briefings, and help enforce company
policies to ensure DOT compliance and company requirements are
- Ability to efficiently assign loads on driver to maximize
profitability, customer satisfaction, and driver retention for
assigned market areas. Including monitoring ongoing freight
optimization based on current loads in progress.
- Maintain driver detention time and manage equipment through
effective communication and planning in order to improve
operational efficiency and profitability.
Thursday and Friday: 5PM-10PM
Saturday and Sunday: 12PM-9PM
- High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of
Transportation/Logistics experience; ability to work across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 year of relevant professional
experience or 4-5 years of experience in the
- Ability to process information with high levels of
- Anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or
potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive
decisions based on informed judgment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with
clients, vendors, and peers
- Ability to meet or exceed team/driver needs and expectations
and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Effective communication skills.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors:
Business Communications, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Job Opening ID:
00378348 PT Dispatcher (Open)
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions."
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Springdale , PT Dispatcher, Other , Lowell, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!