Nursing Residency Are you a recent graduate of an RN program
looking for the best place to launch your career? If you are
seeking the best environment to develop your competence and
confidence as a new RN, then consider applying for our Nurse
Residency Program and join the Northwest Health team. If you are
selected for this program, you will have the opportunity to be part
of a 12 month program, in which you will be part of a cohort
focused on learning and growing together. Current positions are
available in Critical Care, ED, Med/Surg, and Women & Infants.
Are you a recent graduate of an RN program looking for the best
place to launch your career? If you are seeking the best
environment to develop your competence and confidence as a new RN,
then consider applying for our Nurse Residency Program and join the
Northwest Health team.
We are committed to creating an environment where you can thrive
and develop your commitment to the nursing profession. Northwest
Health seeks to not only be the best place for patients to receive
care but to be the best place for nurses to give care.
The RN Residency Program at Northwest Health exists to ensure
new graduate nurses transition to independent practice with
competence, confidence and commitment. We are dedicated to
providing an excellent learning and development experience. RN
Residents at Northwest Health are supported by a team of leaders
who serve with a servant's heart.
If you are selected for this program, you will have the
opportunity to be part of a 12 month program, in which you will be
part of a cohort focused on learning and growing together. We offer
3 starting dates throughout the year. 2020 start dates are January
21st, June 9th , and Sept. Current positions are available in
Critical Care, ED, Med/Surg, and Women & Infants.
Key components of our Residence program include:
- Knowledge Assessments
- Competency Assessments
- Confidence Surveys
- Clinical Orientation
- Married-State Preceptorship
- Skills Validation
- Virtual Simulation
- Monthly Live Sessions
- Evidence-Based Curriculum
- Reflective Practice Debriefing
- Resident Project
Key qualifications to be considered for this program
- Being a recent graduate of an RN program within the last 12
- 6 months or less of experience as a practicing RN
- RN license (temporary or permanent) required to start.
Applicants are not required to have this at time of application but
it will be required prior to hire date.
- Strong patient centric orientation
- High degree of integrity
If you are selected for our Nurse Residency program, you will be
matched to an RN position in a unit aligned with your preferred
focus area of interest.
In addition to competitive pay which includes weekend, night,
and on-call differentials, Northwest Health provides the following
benefits as part of our total rewards program:
- Reimbursement for cost of exam upon the successful completion
of your NCLEX ($200.00)
- Educational Assistance program- up to $5,000 per year to
further your growth
- CAP - Clinical Advancement Program consisting of 5 levels with
bonus payment amounts ranging from $1,000-$2,000/year upon
achievement of each level.
- 401K plan with a company match of 50% for every employee dollar
contributed, of up to 6% of an individual's wages, with a maximum
company contribution of 3%.
- Loan Repayment program to assist in student loan repayments for
ADN or BSN degrees (up to $250.00/month or $3,000.00/year for four
- Medical insurance coverage with both premier and basic plan
offerings along with a hospital discount for plan participants
through CHS-affiliated hospitals (coinsurance is written off).
- Insurance coverage options related to medical, prescription
drug, dental, vision, critical illness, accidents, long term care
insurance for employees and select family members, pet insurance,
and life and disability insurance.
- Adoption assistance.
- Cover letter addressing why you have pursued nursing and why
you should be considered for the Residency Program
- Current Resume
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation (1 must be from a nursing
- Unofficial transcript
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic
imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the
Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs
communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends
and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540
physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one
of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five
hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center - Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center - Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians' Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women's Hospital