What you'll do...
What you'll do
- Maintains awareness and consistency with emerging industry
solutions to create the latest technological strategies, solutions,
and roadmaps by benchmarking global industry resources against
internal technologies, processes, and solutions to drive the
business to sustain industry leadership; identifying and gaining
consensus on capabilities and required approaches; defining and
articulating activities necessary to address needs, interfaces,
standards and specifications, and gaps; and investigating solutions
and driving implementation of architectural design security and
critical infrastructure protection.
- Drives small to large-scale implementations leveraging industry
knowledge by evaluating solutions to meet desired results;
conducting engineering and analysis focused on secure enterprise
operations and management; collaborating with internal and external
teams on network, application, and data security best practices;
establishing and measuring performance standards of business
processes and associated technology solutions; removing barriers
and obstacles that impact delivery or performance standards; and
duplicating solutions and providing the same features and
capabilities on a small scale in regional locations while providing
a cost-effective solution.
- Crafts and develops solutions to business challenges by
communicating requirements to key partners (for example, business
leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics); engaging with
key partners to deliver and support initiatives; communicating
status and insights related to
product performance; and securing buy-in from executive-level
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by
identifying customer and operational needs; developing and
communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and
obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying
performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance
accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating
adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for
associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties;
building a team-based work environment; establishing performance
expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations;
providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and
improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
About the Team
The Business Events Technology Team provides event solutions to
enhance the experience for thousands of associates. You'll leverage
the best and latest tools to facilitate corporate events and work
with teams who develop associate's experiences. Innovating on the
world's biggest stage, you will get to deliver customer-centric
solutions before they walk in the door, after they enter, and every
step in between. This is that place. This is Walmart.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to
innovate the future of event technology. If you are motivated by
complex, purposeful challenges, a leader in Engineering Management
at Walmart could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You like digging into data and doing some analysis
- You're excited about solving complex challenges
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing
stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working
to improve your team's products
You'll make an impact by:
- Developing and enhancing products - you will manage product
roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and
product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives,
determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using
domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying
market opportunities, building business cases, and approving
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by
driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and
prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives
and customer needs
- 10+ years in an IT engineering role in corporations or in
consulting services in global companies with $2B-$3B + in annual
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Security or
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent training, knowledge and
- Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- WAN technologies: Cisco ASR and ISR routers, EIGRP to BGP route
redistribution, MPLS networks, route maps and route filtering,
traffic prioritization, QOS policies, multicast, and Fortinet
- LAN/Wireless/Datacenter technologies including TCP/IP, HSRP,
STP, Access Lists, WAN Accelerators, Cisco and Aruba Switching and
Wireless solutions, and Cisco Nexus Datacenter technologies
- Infrastructure monitoring tools: Solarwinds, Netscout, Splunk,
Riverbed 10-Gig Shark, WireShark, etc.
- Working knowledge of Network Fiber/Copper Structured Cabling
specifications and installation best practices
- Demonstrated project management experience with medium and
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Bachelor of Science and 4 years' systems engineering experience
OR Master of Science and 3 years' systems engineering experience OR
PhD OR 6 years' of experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for
this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food
scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the
beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect
place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs