What you'll do...
As part of the Chief Data Officer organization, this role will
be a crucial enabler of our data journey to be the world's leading
data-driven retailer. This leader will manage strategic initiatives
to accelerate enterprise-wide data maturity. You will also deliver
an adoption roadmap for priority initiatives.
Fundamental interactions will exist with our business,
technology, global data and HR teams to ensure alignment on the
process, approach and talent needed to deliver highly optimized
solutions and services to deliver our enterprise Data Maturity.
About the Enterprise Data Maturity Acceleration Team:
The Enterprise Data Maturity Acceleration Team focuses on the
fundamentals of Enterprise Data Maturity-empower our business to
leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and
building new business model opportunities. Our journey to Data
Maturity requires Walmart to elevate the level of active
leadership, move at a faster pace, include employees in
decision-making, and ingrain new behaviors. For the Global Data
Organization, this team will establish and lead our data culture
and ecosystem challenged to deliver Data Maturity Model (DMM)
innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure
consistent performance. As a leader within the broader Global Data
Organization, you'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to play
a role in Walmart's data-driven transformation.
- Accelerate enterprise-wide data maturity; monitor maturity
through composite metrics sourced from GDO function teams.
- Define and execute plans for data maturity initiative.; partner
with GDO functional teams and SME's to ensure acceptance of
- Manage sprint planning and program reporting
- Develop and iteratively refine Walmart's overall Data and
Analytics Maturity model and playbook.
- Drive Walmart's approach to evaluating each domains data
maturity, effectiveness and ability to execute the D&A
operating model with accelerating innovation and priority
- Leverage knowledge of DMM Acceleration and development best
practices in a highly interconnected and iterative environment,
applying recommendations and execution roadmap development to drive
efficiency and transparency for priority initiatives.
- Develop and drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly
matrixed environment across the overall enterprise and data value
- Develop a view of ROI/Business value created considering
resource and expenses against business value created.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with the ability to ideate
and problem solve actively with business leaders, product, science,
and engineering stakeholders
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a
highly skilled and engaged workforce that functions as a center of
excellence in the clarity of business needs and corporate alignment
and communication to all levels of the organization.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere
to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these
values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for
violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door
Who you are:
- You think and act strategically; you create strategies for own
organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to
the achievement of business priorities
- You make sound judgments by using objective financial and
business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business
- You promote a customer/member-focused environment. You combine
experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed
- You optimize execution and results, by using the advantage of
company size, internal and external resources, and talent to
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen and
can apply these in real-world activities
- You inspire commitment by developing and communicating logical,
convincing justifications, including lessons learned
- You build and sustain trusting, collaborative relationships and
alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical
boundaries to achieve goals
- Minimum of 4-8 years of total work experience in a combination
of technology development, program management, business analysis or
- Experience in change management consulting or organizational
- Minimum of 5 years of team leadership experience and
- Capable of managing numerous stakeholders, anticipating their
needs, and gaining alignment for strategies from executive level
- Excellent written and oral communication & presentation
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on goals while exhibiting
personal integrity and a focus on the customer
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or
influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business
- Skilled in understanding the impact of a change, and planning
- Understands, describes and navigates existing work and makes
recommendations with a clear sense of organizational impact
- Additionally, the appetite to work with the teams to dig into
data, processes, issues, to identify the root-cause problems and
remedies is a very desirable strength.
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights
through data and analytics.
- Detail oriented leader with an ability to work, develop, and
think at a strategic level.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can
make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile
on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a
team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service
professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer,
delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and
empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks
like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been
about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our
innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker
decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more
flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting.
Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by
making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team.
Of course, being together in person is an important part of our
culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a
regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management
experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program
experience OR 9 years' technical program management
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for
this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better.
This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make,
from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in
between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in
shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and
hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of
millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an
impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food
scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something
Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the
beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect
place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans
for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend
on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
- On average, how long does it take to fill out an
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application
for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
- Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so
please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the
- How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
- What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs