Medical Assistant - Full Time Days - Family First - Miami OK
Company: Integris Health
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Job Code: 2372
The Clinic Support Specialist performs Medical Assistant and
Patient Service Representative duties to allow the clinic to
function in a more streamlined fashion. The Specialist provides
direct patient care by taking vitals, patient history,
venipuncture, lab, x ray, referrals and answering telephones. This
role also is responsible for some indirect patient care
responsibilities such as: taking concise messages, scanning and
indexing information into the medical record, handling requests for
medical records and basic scheduling. This position operates as
directed by the Manager and/or clinical supervisor. This position
requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National
Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient
contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The Clinic Support Specialist responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
• Receives and/or dispatches incoming phone calls.
• Collects payment for copays and deductibles.
• Makes financial arrangements for patients.
• Performs check in and check out duties accurately and timely.
• Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and records the
information in the medical record; answers telephone and completes
referrals as ordered by provider.
• Gathers and documents information about patient condition, which
include lab values, pain levels, patient education needs,
nutritional status and potential complications.
• Contributes to the assessment/re assessment of patients.
• Monitors and documents patient status.
• Participates in the development of the plan of care, including
implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care
interventions which may include medication administration
(exclusive of narcotics).
• Manages large call volume while maintaining excellent telephone
• Organizes workflow to meet patient needs in a timely manner.
• Adheres to National Governing Board and Patient Safety Goals as
needed by patient contact level.
Reports to Manager or Director as assigned.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for
exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body
fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Must follow universal
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and
credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant
• The ABR-OE (Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry) or other
nationally recognized credentialing allowing for electronic medical
heath record (EHR) order entry.
• 1 year as a clinic Medical Assistant or CAN
Graduation from an accredited nursing program while waiting to pass
NCLEX not to exceed 6 months.
• 1 year clerical experience preferred
• Experience in the following areas: responsibility for cashier
procedures and/or basic accounting, clinic check in/out procedures,
basic health insurance, HMO, PPO, physician referral and insurance
authorization, general knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 coding
• 6 months customer service experience preferred
• CPR certification within 90 days of employment
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
& in writing
Keywords: Integris Health, Springdale , Medical Assistant - Full Time Days - Family First - Miami OK, Other , Miami, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!