Cutting Test Assistant (2nd Shift) - 8% Shift Differential - Bentonville, AR
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common
purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable
place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and
passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in
knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society,
and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity,
collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront
of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to
find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying?
Yes. Exciting? Absolutely! With over 3,000 employees globally, our
Consumer Retail Services (CRS) division works closely with
manufacturers, retailers and brands to support them in developing
and producing innovative, safe products through consumer product
testing. Our proactive approach to risk reduction eliminates issues
in sourcing, safety, and quality assurance before they impact our
client's business and brand. Our expertise and dedication to
enhance sustainability also extends across the areas of social
responsibility, environmental, brand protection, supply chain
security, extractives, and raw material sourcing. As our global
footprint continues to grow, we are looking for a Cutting
Laboratory Assistant in Bentonville, AR! The Cutting Laboratory
Assistant assembles test setups, records test data, conducts
standardized tests. This role may verify and calibrate materials
and equipment for performance testing products and examines basic
customer samples and conducts basic laboratory tests.
- Performs standardized test sample preperation using cutting
- Performs routine care of designated equipment and work
- Operates computer terminal to extract/input readily available
information and to use available software.
- Reads and interprets results of tests . Examines test samples,
reads measuring instruments and reviews test data with
- Reads and interprets operational instructions.
- Operates designated testing equipment as directed.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to section heads,
group leaders, engineers and other laboratory technician
- Helps integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques
for lab site.
- Use die press and dies to distribute appropriate testing
samples to supporting labs.
- Performs additional duties as needed
- High School diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs unassisted.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours with twisting and turning.
- UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the
safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November
1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by
law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply
engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, the people. Going beyond what
is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best
because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus
compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to
5% of eligible pay. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts
and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year!
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation,
holiday, sick and volunteer time off. Working at UL is an exciting
journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and
revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit ul.com
Keywords: UL, Springdale , Cutting Test Assistant (2nd Shift) - 8% Shift Differential - Bentonville, AR, Other , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!