Supervisor - Software Development
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Title: Manager, Engineering I
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is seeking a Software Engineering
Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of 5 to 15
direct reports, including programmers and product architects,
towards the development and support of Toshiba strategic products
for the worldwide retail market.
The candidate will be part of a cross-functional team responsible
for planning, developing, and releasing the software solutions to
the market. This will require engaging with peers and stakeholders
(including Product Owners, Program Managers and Development
managers) across all products to plan and execute product delivery
This position requires leadership experience and proven knowledge
of software development processes to drive team activities with the
understanding of requirements and business drivers for the new
products and solutions.
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for ensuring
our software products and offerings meet the highest quality
standards. This role will work closely with their direct reports to
achieve project goals and develop their team members into highly
skilled software engineers in all aspects of software
The Software Engineering Manager will ensure their team follows our
Software Development Life Cycle and drives the adoption of best
practices in a continuous improvement environment.
Candidates should have the ability to jump in and help their
software development team with hands-on execution.
- Manage a team of software engineers (including hiring, managing
individual performance, compensation, job assignments, dealing with
conflict, career building, coaching, and additional HR
- Execute as an individual contributor, senior leader, and
- Managing the delivery of quality software releases ensuring
product commitments are met with respect to quality, budget, and
- Solve complex production business critical problems in a
demanding software development environment.
- Participate and/or lead in agile ceremonies and planning as
- Work with software engineering management team to maintain and
improve development processes within the agile SDLC framework
- Ensuring proper communication on deliverables as appropriate up
through management levels within the organization.
- Identify and resolve problems, gaps, and challenges in the
software engineering processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration, trust, and
accountability for departmental and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- 3 years minimum experience in Agile development.
- 3+ years of team leadership experience of software development
teams and projects.
- Proven hands-on software development experience.
- Experience delivering and supporting business to business or
business to customer software.
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills and great
attention to detail.
- Must be self-starter with the ability to coordinate work with
other team members.
- Experience with SDLC tools for requirements management,
configuration management, defect tracking and continuous
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Possess a level of comfort to work in the weeds with technical
software development teams, as well as at a portfolio level with
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong collaborative and teamwork oriented skills.
- Management experience.
- Experience building client-facing software products, especially
- Point-of-sale or retail industry experience.
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar
global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing
retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been
in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe s Foods,
earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ s, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our
'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory
shopping experience, let s get together to drive the new
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary
and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the employment process should email
...@toshibagcs.com to request an accommodation.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our
people are an integral part to the success of our customers.
Furthermore, we re committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create
Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural
Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We re passionate about our
customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible
company as we help create a brighter future. Associated topics:
.net, algorithm, application, develop, php, programming, sde, sdet,
software engineer, software programmer
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Springdale , Supervisor - Software Development, Other , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!