Company: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Location: Miami, OK, 74354Department: SanitationAbout Us: Red
Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Sanitation Lead to join our
exciting new pet food business at our Miami OK facility. Who is Red
Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets are family. We believe
that they deserve good food made with wholesome and balanced
nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our commitment to quality
ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in the U.S. which makes
us all proud of our company and the pets we ultimately feed.The
Sanitation Lead is responsible to lead the sanitation team in
implementing the Food Safety and Sanitation requirements of the Red
Collar Pet Foods facility. Position requires self motivation and
the ability to perform with little or no direction while following
established SOP's, Good Manufacturing Practices, and all Safety
related Rules, Regulations, and Company Policies. The Sanitation
Lead must demonstrate effective skills to manage Sanitation Master
Schedule Cleaning Procedures, develop and deliver effective,
detailed training to sanitation associates and adhere to all
aspects of the safety and environmental policies of the facility. A
successful candidate needs to communicate well orally and in
writing, submit reports as necessary and present materials to
associates and staff.
- Responsible to lead associates in successfully completing plant
sanitation and food safety requirements.
- Assure the cleaning and sanitation for multiple production
lines and non production areas per the Master Sanitation Schedule
with particular attention to Lock Out/Tag Out requirements.
- Assign work to associates daily, responsible for confirming
documented sanitation activities as required, and assuring all
paperwork is filled out properly.
- Participate in safety, plant, and department meetings.
- May be required to drive a forklift and scissor lift as
necessary. May be required to teach and assure proper use of all
sanitation equipment, to include the following - Operate Bio-Mist
and exchange gas/propane cylinders.
- Operate gas powered cleaning equipment- power washer, blowers,
other equipment as necessary. Learn and follow safety procedures
for all equipment and report all incidents regardless of size.
- Proper use of cleaning equipment and related chemicals (Drive
floor scrubber(s), vacuums, brushes, mops, and all cleaning
equipment per colour coding in the facility.)
- Participate and adhere to all food safety requirements, Quality
Management Processes, and site safety programs ensuring that all
standards are met.
- Demonstrate a quality culture in actions, words and
- Understanding of MSDS is required.
- Ability to work independently without supervision as well as
within a team setting.
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- All associates are responsible for the safety, quality and food
safety in their work area Physical requirements
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump
cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time
periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 55 lbs
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes
such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals Minimum
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the
English language Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical
and/or trade discipline
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including
MS Office and email
- Knowledge of inventory control principles Company-paid
relocation is not available for this position.We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you need assistance or an accommodation during the application
process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The
company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
will be penalized as a resultPI181963369
Keywords: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc., Springdale , Sanitation Lead, Other , Miami, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!