Company: OWENS CORNING
Posted on: August 4, 2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Environmental Lead is a critical member of the plant team who
provides guidance and coaching to drive ownership and
accountability in the areas of environmental compliance and
stewardship related to all plant activities.
Reports to : Plant EHS Leader
Span of Control : All environmental and sustainability plans,
initiatives and results for the plant; including implementation of
business and corporate standards.
Living the Safety Stand, Adhering to Safety Responsibilities, &
Driving a Safety Culture
- Enroll and engage the entire workforce to build a powerful
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Ensure a safe, clean, and environmentally compliant work
environment for employees, contractors, and visitors in which
safety is the first priority
- Partner with the Safety team to conduct accident investigation,
as well as make recommendations for a safer workplace
- Lead and support Environmental Initiatives and processes to
drive towards zero non-conformities and NOV s.
- Set and accomplish critical environmental metrics to ensure
- Drive and sustain environmental excellence through use of the
Environmental Management System.
Lead Sustainable Environmental Management
- Drive and maintain compliance with Environmental operating
permits, such as US EPA Title V air permits, State or local Storm
Water permits, and SPCC programs.
- Develop and maintain environmental monitoring and recordkeeping
to satisfy requirements of the plant s operating permits
- Manage all aspects of the plant s Hazardous waste, Solid waste,
and Universal waste within Federal, State and Local guidelines
- Review or change policies and procedures to comply with changes
to Environmental regulations and standards
- Facilitate required Environmental testing of air, water and
- Work with Division resources to facilitate Corporate
Sustainability reporting, Green House Gas (GHG) reporting, Maximum
Achievable Control Technology (MACT), and other current or pending
- Interact with outside consultants on regulatory and permitting
- Provide leadership and coaching to operations and maintenance
personnel to ensure all plant employees understand and are held
accountable for environmental compliance.
Drive Plant Environmental Impact Improvements
- Develop and implement environmental programs such as air and
water compliance, above-ground and underground storage tanks, spill
prevention and control, hazardous waste and materials management,
solid waste recycling, and employee training
- Lead and support Environmental initiatives and processes to
drive towards zero non-conformities and/or Notice of Violation (NOV
- Assess product, process and operational changes to determine
- Identify and lead process improvements to reduce environmental
impact and/or improve sustainability goals
- Maintain a leadership presence on the plant floor, influence
employee, and fully engage employees in the sound environmental
process management process
- Guide the Natural Leadership Team (NLT) in developing
risk-ranked strategic plans, prioritize and advocate
capital/resource requests, and advise the leadership team on all
aspects of environmental requirements and responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of all
critical environmental processes, programs, and procedures
- Sets and accomplishes critical environmental metrics regularly
to ensure continuous improvement in the processes that lead to a
100% engaged culture on the floor
- Grow and develop the plant EHS associates
- Federal, State and Local Environmental requirements.
- Plant Environmental metrics including Environmental
Non-Conformities (ENC s), NOV s and Environmental Management System
- Corporate and Division Metrics for Sustainability
- Plant NLT metrics
Minimum Qualifications :
- 3-5 years of experience working in an industrial or
- Bachelor s degree required
- Proficiency in Excel
- Environmental Management Systems
Preferred Experience :
- Bachelor s degree in Environmental or Engineering related
disciplines strongly preferred
- Title V Air Permit experience/knowledge a plus
- People Leadership
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Leading change management
- Aptitude for data analysis and information management
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspire and energize others
- Leadership presence - forward thinking leadership abilities
including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage
teamwork and effective communication.
- Past work with work with Government agencies is beneficial
- Experience with Access and Process Explore/IP-21 preferred
- Aptitude for data analysis and information management
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader.
The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the
manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing
and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of
19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative
products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency,
product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor
productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the
company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in
Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion.
Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500 company for 66
consecutive years. For more information, please visit .
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: OWENS CORNING, Springdale , Environmental Lead, Other , Crestline, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!