Campus Police Officer
Company: Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
Posted on: November 25, 2022
NORTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA A&M COLLEGE
Campus Police Officer
*Department: *Department of Public Safety
*Job Status: * Part-Time
*FLSA Status: *Non-exempt
*Reports To: *Director of Public Safety
*Amount of Travel Required: *Minimal
*Work Schedule: * 20 hours
*Positions Supervised: *N/A
Ensure the safety, protection, and related services to the campus
community including law enforcement, health and safety, parking and
traffic, crime prevention, site security, and in-service training.
Reports directly to NEO A&M College Director of Public
* Enforce all Federal, State, County and Municipal Codes, Statutes
or Ordinances, and NEO A&M College regulations. Arrest
offenders if warranted.
* Preserve the peace and protect life and property against criminal
* Provide protection against any harmful acts, both willful and
inadvertent, whether of a criminal or non-criminal basis.
* The enforcement of all traffic and parking regulations on and
around NEO A&M College within the guidelines of the State Laws,
City Ordinances and college traffic and parking regulations in
order to prevent accidents and ensure the safety of all persons
within the campus environment.
* Patrol the campus by vehicle and foot to protect and guard all
persons, grounds, buildings and equipment from harm, damage or
destruction by others.
* Cooperate with all local law enforcement agencies.
* Receive, investigate, and complete reports on all criminal acts
that occur on campus property.
* Prepare case records for presentation to appropriate court for
filing of charges and testify as required.
* Coordinate patrol and enforcement of laws and regulations for all
special events that occur on campus.
* Inform the Chief of Police of all concerns and all arrests as
soon as practical.
* Provide public service to all persons on campus; giving
information, directions, assistance and comfort to those in
* Provide additional coverage for NEO A&M College sporting
events as needed at the discretion of the Chief of Police
* Subject to call, if not on duty, in times of emergency or when
other situations arise that additional help is needed.
* Any additional police duties that may be required by the Chief of
* Maintain daily activity and fire logs.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Full Time Officer Certification (Accredited State
* Ability to work day, evening, or midnight shifts at the
discretion of the Chief of Police
Other minimum qualification requirements established by Oklahoma
State Statues, Title 70-3311
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for
any part of the application. Application can be found online at
_http://www.neo.edu/employment-application_. Please submit it along
with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources,
200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that
essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is
intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the
employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed
appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of
employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
College may deem appropriate.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College, Springdale , Campus Police Officer, Other , Miami, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!