Warehouse Supervisor Onboard
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
The position responsible for improving the technical skills of the
organization's associates in order to improve overall performance.
This position assesses developmental needs to drive new hire
training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable
onboarding training solutions for associates.
• Conduct New Hire Field Onboarding as it relates to Americold
operations, policies, and procedures.
o Classroom safety training
o SOP training
o MHE training and certification
o Train the Trainer Certified
• Keep supervisors informed of the development of team members and
• Conducts monthly training as defined by the operations training
• Proposes training and development programs and objectives.
• Develops and monitors spending against the departmental
• Provides continuous improvements in existing SOP and facility
• Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure
employees have knowledge of facility operations training and
development events and resources.
• Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate
and measure results.
• Evaluate onboarding/training efficiency and business impact
through formalized metrics, gap assessments and continuous
improvement feedback for enhanced course offerings
• Oversee the responsibility for the safety, quality, and
productivity of all trainees.
• May maintain Americold Food Safety/ Food Defense programs in an
audit ready state
o Maintain and update Site SOPS.
o Conduct internal audits
o Conduct SMS audits and other SQF/ASI/customer driven audits
• Lead onsite special projects as directed by GM/Ops Managers
• Assist with Inventory Issue Resolution
• Assist with or conduct Incident Reports
• Works effectively as a team member with other members of
management and the HR Staff
• Must be able to cover shifts, including weekends and nights when
needed to ensure proper onboarding/training of all associates.
• Performs other duties as needed or as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• HS Diploma, Associates Degree Preferred
• 3+ years supervisory or warehouse experience; or
successful completion of Americold's internship program; or a
• Maintain forklift certification.
• 2+ years training experience as preferred
• Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing,
Engineering, or relevant work experience
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to speak effectively and comfortably in front of an
audience to present company objectives and processes while
maintaining professionalism and the focus of the group
• Ability to successfully develop and implement company training
• Familiar with MS Windows 10 & MS Office Applications with a
strong working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to
communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks at one time and be able to
demonstrate creativity with assigned projects
• • Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a
fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change
regularly while maintaining accuracy. Demonstrated ability to
self-start with little or no direction preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in the food industry, warehousing, or
transportation industry preferred.
• HACCP Certified a plus
• SQF Practitioner Certified a plus
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane
• May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete
objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Keywords: Americold, Springdale , Warehouse Supervisor Onboard, Professions , Lowell, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!