OTR Truck Driver
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Two (2) years professional driving experience.
• Current and valid Commercial Driving License (CDL) "A"
• No more than one (1) moving violation citation such as reckless
driving or speeding in excess of fifteen (15) miles above the
posted speed limit within the previous twelve (12) months, and no
more than three (3) within the previous three (3) years.
• No more than three (3) serious motor vehicle violation citations
or accidents within the previous three (3) years.
• No DUI citations.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Successful passing of Department of Transportation (DOT)
background screen, pre-employment drug test, and other required
physical and medical examinations.
• Demonstrated ability to enter and exit truck as well as hook and
unhook trailering equipment.
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal and customer
service communication skills sufficient to read and interpret road
maps and road signs and partner with customers and other
• Demonstrated mathematical skills sufficient to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
sufficient to complete required papers and documents.
• Demonstrated possession and application of reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, and speaking skills necessary
to interact and respond to customers, co-workers, and management
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in a
fast-paced environment where deadlines and scopes may change
regularly while maintaining accuracy. Drivers may be subject to
conditions and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a
motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in various weather
conditions. Demonstrated ability to self-start with little or no
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to sit for long periods of time in a
vehicle. Also must be able to repeatedly and quickly adjust vehicle
controls to exact positions for several hours per day. While
driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration levels which
may be higher than those typically experienced in passenger
• Demonstrated manual dexterity and coordination of two (2) or more
limbs with normal movements while sitting, standing, or lying down.
This does not involve performing the activities while the whole
body is in motion.
• Demonstrated ability to talk, hear, and see sufficiently to
complete assigned tasks. Must be able to visually identify details
• May be required to carry loads related to travel and occasionally
lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to fifty (50)
• Demonstrated ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions sufficient to partner with colleagues
without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• Demonstrated judgment skills sufficient to identify which of
several objects is closer or farther away and to accurately
ascertain distance between self and other objects.
• Demonstrated ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely
to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only
recognizing there is a problem.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW
Drives a commercial motor vehicle primarily engaged in trips of
between twelve (12) and eighteen (18) days on the road prior to end
of shift in order to provide safe and timely delivery of products
to and/or from customers with responsibility for the established
routes within an established territory. Driving time is normally in
periods of up to eleven (11) hours followed by an off-duty period
of at least ten (10) consecutive hours.
• Delivers and picks up containers/trailers at various warehouse
and customer locations, assists as needed with unloading or
reloading the vehicle, and reports any discrepancies or issues to
appropriate individual(s) immediately upon discovery. May be asked
or required to deliver information to outside third parties to pick
up and/or deliver containers/trailers as needed or as
• Serves as point of contact for the Company regarding product
acceptance and/or delivery issues by processing paperwork including
purchase orders, invoices, accounts receivables, fuel receipts,
dispatch sheets, bills of lading, unloading receipts, trucking
logs, and shipping schedules. May be asked or required to create,
process, and track invoices and billing as needed or as
• Maintains Department of Transportation (DOT) vehicle logs as
required by law, as well as any other Company documents necessary
for operation of vehicle, performs daily equipment and vehicle
inspections, and relays appropriate information between ports of
entry and warehouses.
• Performs other driving and/or warehouse-related duties as
required or as requested.
Keywords: Americold, Springdale , OTR Truck Driver, Professions , Bentonville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!