Senior Manager Transportation - Fresh Meats
Company: 0036 Tyson Sales and Distribution, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is responsible for managing the transportation
network of all fresh, frozen, and prepared shipments including
equipment utilization for outside carriers and the Tyson private
fleet. This includes balancing the interrelationship of cost and
service to maintain our position for on-time delivery while
minimizing our overall transportation expense, optimizing truck
fill utilization, carrier commitments, and optimization of the
Tyson private fleet. This position is a fast pace, high stress,
multi-transactional, multi-tasking position giving strategic clear
direction to direct reports within a Pod. This position will be
responsible for maintaining/strengthen/develop of the team to
accomplish the overall department goals while promoting the Tyson
5C's to fulfill the Tyson Customer Promise. Weekend and Afterhours
work are a routine piece of responsibility. Emails and phone calls
afterhours are common. The person in this position will use their
experience to remotely or on site directing off hour team members
when the need arises to be a lender to problem solving.
Other Responsibilities of the Position:
- Reviewing Ops Service and Cost Reporting for accuracy and
- Review Truck fill rate and utilization to maximize LTL
- Daily interactions with Contract Carrier and Tyson Fleet Ops
Managers to discuss truck markets, demand planning, and service
- Daily meetings and conference calls with Tyson BU's to discuss,
plan and overcome opportunities as they arise.
- Daily conference calls with Transportation Leadership to
review, plan, and execute transportation strategies for 1600 Tyson
fleet/dedicated drivers and 3500 Tyson trailers.
- Review Transportation strategy to increase the overall
performance of the BU's that Transportation serves.
- Review and establish mentoring and training methods for the Ops
- Goal setting and performance reviews for direct and indirect
reports for the Ops Group.
- Meet with the other Sr Pod Mangers in the dept to review
quarterly KPI's and Financials.
- Review and approve department morale activities to attain
attractive positive interactions. I.e. training, food days,
anniversaries, and birthday lunches etc.
- Promote Tyson/Carrier Partnerships by participating in various
Core Carrier Events - i.e. Driver Awards Ceremony / Annual Tyson
Carrier Awards etc.
- Periodic trips to Transportation Corporate offices or plant
facilities to review carriers, systems, and processes.
- Review/Manage/Track direct and indirect reports vacation,
leave, and sick time.
- EDUCATION : Requires broad knowledge in a general professional
or technical field normally acquired through four years of college
resulting in a Bachelor s degree or equivalent preferred.
- EXPERIENCE : 6 plus years of experience.
- COMPUTER SKILLS : Standard computer skills required.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS : Good verbal and written communication
- SUPERVISORY : This position has direct reports.
- TRAVEL: 1-5 trips per year
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
A Shift (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting
your application to provide additional information to be considered
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to
learn more about what categories of personal information we collect
when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information,
please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here
Keywords: 0036 Tyson Sales and Distribution, Inc., Springdale , Senior Manager Transportation - Fresh Meats, Professions , Springdale, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!