Company: Wellness Pet Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
ARJob title: Maintenance Technician Department: Maintenance Reports
to (title): Maintenance Manager Salary or Hourly: Hourly Location:
Decatur, AR - Manufacturing Plant Last Updated: 5/12/22 About
Wellness Pet Company The Wellness Pet Company crafts and produces
premium natural pet food, treats, and dental chews. We believe that
natural, premium nutrition focused on proven health outcomes is the
foundation of creating a mutual wellbeing for pets and their
families. As a community of people, Wellies are positively obsessed
about how to win for pets and their parents. We believe in the
difference we make every single day, and we know that when we work
collaboratively, Wellies are unstoppable -- Not only in providing
the best nutrition to pets, but in building a better tomorrow for
pets, their parents, and the world. When you join Wellness Pet, you
join a team whose aligned values and purpose create a unique and
exciting place to work every day. Join us on our adventure to
fulfill a life of wellbeing together with pets and their parents.
Our Decatur manufacturing facility is committed to nutritional
innovation, product quality, and safety. To ensure our product
quality, we control the entire manufacturing process in Decatur,
from consistent quality checks on all raw materials coming into the
plant, to the shipment of our finished product to customers. Our
employees take pride in the natural products we produce for the
pets who depend on us. We offer our employees a positive, friendly
work environment where you can grow your skills, competitive pay,
and excellent benefits - Come for a walk with us today! Position
Summary: The Maintenance Technician I will be responsible for the
set-up, repairs, and preventative maintenance of all production and
fill/finish equipment, as well as, building and grounds repair and
upkeep. This position will also perform maintenance and repairs on
boiler equipment. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute the CMMS preventive maintenance program of all
equipment associated with the production and facility areas.
- Maintain, organize, and replenish strategic inventory of spare
- Recommend and implement changes to work policies and equipment
- Perform, recommend, and establish cost effective PM procedures
to maintain and improve equipment/system functionality.
- Help develop and review PMs and SOPs.
- Support more senior Maintenance Technicians in larger equipment
- Perform routine greasing and lubrication maintenance on
- Perform equipment maintenance, grounds work and facility
- Perform preventive maintenance, grounds work, and facility
- Properly document all work in CMMS system.
- Assist more senior Maintenance Technicians and outside support
- Follow and hold others accountable for following all company
Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.Workplace Safety:
- Completes safety system documentation and verifies compliance
to program standards. Reports deviations to Supervisor.
- Participates in mandatory safety trainings and adheres to all
- Required to report all safety issues, near misses, and
injuriesQuality & Food Safety:
- Completes quality & food safety system documentation and
verifies compliance to program standards. Reports deviations to
- Participates in mandatory food safety and quality training
- Preserves the integrity of the BRC system through adherence to
the policies and procedures outlined. Takes actions necessary to
resolve food safety and quality system deficiencies
- Required to report food safety and quality system failures and
take actions necessary to preserve the BRC system.Position
- Experience in the follow areas is required:
- Boiler maintenance and repair
- Basic mechanical competency skills- knowledge of tools and
their use and a general understanding of how things work
- Basic electrical competency skills- general understanding of
how electricity works.
- Ability to follow instructions precisely, recognize deviations
and recommend corrective action.
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office and other
relevant electronic systems.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate using the English
- Ability to work in an environment which includes frequent
exposure to elements such as odor, noise, heat, cold, dust and
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be familiar with use of hand tools.
- Good verbal and mathematical capability at a high school
- Ability to read and understand process operating
- Previous experience setting up, troubleshooting, and repairing
production machines and boilers.
- Prior experience in a production environment, preferably food
or beverage manufacturing. The Wellness Pet Company is proud to be
an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or
Veteran status. LI-JB1
Keywords: Wellness Pet Company, Springdale , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Decatur, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!