Senior Director of Transportation Operations
Company: Tyson Foods
Posted on: September 20, 2023
- This position is responsible for leading and directing
operational design, development, and implementation of
transportation control tower organizational structure for planning,
dispatch optimization, and execution of the Tyson private fleet and
contract carrier partners.
- Ensure cross functional collaboration, alignment, and execution
between the strategy, global transportation procurement, planning,
systems, and global transportation operations teams for future
- planning and optimization of 530M Annual miles in the Tyson
Distribution network and future growth of our Private Fleet
optimizing an additional 50M miles with $184M current annual
- Delivers expected business results and continually striving to
maximize efficiency and deliver optimal cost to serve for global
- Align with finance and operating plan to achieve annual
- Partners with systems and compliance on digital automated
support evaluating current systems and future needs of the
operation planning, assignment, safety, and execution
- Lead and develop team members to support Tyson global
transportation and total company initiatives.
- As Sr Director you will partner with internal Business Units
(BU's) to reduce risk, liability, and cost while increasing safety,
service, and revenue efficiencies.
- Expected to use and promote Tyson 5 Cs (caring, candor,
creativity, collaboration, commitment) to fulfill the Tyson
- Support continuous improvement and change management.
Other Responsibilities of the Position:
- Collaborate with strategy, safety, maintenance, dispatch, and
operations to align on future off-site locations of operations
within regional operations considering our distribution and plant
- Align responsibilities between planning, dispatch, and off-site
operations considering load assignment, safety, and
- Identify private fleet/dedicated lanes and align driver
schedules to provide capacity considering safety, cost, and
- Organize and evaluate internal regional planning/dispatch
staffing schedules 24/7 to provide service to all internal and
- Alignment with transportation strategy and network design on
necessary tools to support network optimization.
- Develop and continually improve control tower team
- Education: BS degree in Logistics a plus or BS degree in
Business and/or 8 plus years of Logistics, Supply Chain and
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of combined Private Fleet
operations, Global Supply Chain/Transportation operations, P&L
management. Needs to demonstrate experience recently in the past 3
- Computer Skills: Versed in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
and various supply chain operating systems.
- Communication: Executive level written presentation and verbal
- Travel: (8-12 trips per year)
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting
your application to provide additional information to be considered
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off;
401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and
prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to
learn more about what categories of personal information we collect
when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information,
please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here
Keywords: Tyson Foods, Springdale , Senior Director of Transportation Operations, Professions , Springdale, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!