Director - Export Operations
Company: 0036 Tyson Sales and Distribution, Inc.
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Director - Export Operations
- Working collaboratively with global strategy & procurement,
transportation operations, rail operations and BU sales to support
total transportation activities.
- Responsible for leading and directing all activities for the
Export operations team while finding ways to strategically improve
freight movement across the enterprise.
- Creates a highly adaptable transportation network to drive best
in class service.
- This position will drive the operational execution for current
and future export product movement of Tyson Foods
- This position is responsible for collaborating with global
strategy to develop and implement sustainable solutions to secure
and select carrier capacity determine optimal use of fleet and
contracted assets to deliver a competitive value for a freight
spend in excess of $.5 billion.
- Meeting or exceeding departmental service goals; achieving
financial objectives and key metrics; planning and optimizing
contract carrier and fleet assets to minimize over all freight
spend; and finding new ways to improve dispatch plans to meet daily
- This position is responsible for applying continuous
improvement methods to achieving financial and business objectives
while working with Distribution leadership to satisfy the
Transportation needs of Tyson Foods and our customers.
- Position will develop and implement enterprise strategies for
Ocean, Air and Drayage RFPs for Tyson.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operations: Takes overall responsibility for executing
efficient export product movement utilizing all modes of
transportation (air, OTR, intermodal, container, refrigerated box
car, tank, hopper, etc.)
- Collaborate with a broad network of functional areas including
but not limited to; finance operations, systems, sales, OCS/CF,
rail providers, customer service and systems technology to make
financially responsible business decisions that support One Tyson
- Aggressively building capacity in an increasingly competitive
freight environment to maximize service performance and minimize
cost and supply disruptions to our customers.
- Mitigating risk by creating multi-carrier capacity in all
origin destination combinations.
- Education: BS degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or Business or 8
plus years experience in Logistics, Supply Chain and
- Experience: Minimum 5 years Import & Export operations, Global
Supply Chain/Transportation operations, P&L management.
- Computer skills: Versed in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint,
Access) and various supply chain operating systems.
- Communication skills: Executive level written, presentation and
- Preferred skills; Experience managing Global transportation
providers and international markets.
- Field travel, including potential for international travel,
required to support Global operations, internal and external
business partners (8-12 travel trips per year).
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting
your application to provide additional information to be considered
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off;
401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and
prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to
learn more about what categories of personal information we collect
when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information,
please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here
Keywords: 0036 Tyson Sales and Distribution, Inc., Springdale , Director - Export Operations, Professions , Springdale, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!