Warehouse Associate I (Driving Required)*
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Company Overview About Core & Main -- Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America---s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary -- Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments. -- Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication, and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required to work in the warehouse / yard loading and unloading inbound and outbound trucks, along with loading their truck for deliveries.--
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc. Servesas primary interface with the customer at point of delivery. Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery location.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Core & Mainpolicies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck asneeded.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and billof ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customer---s site.
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking allincoming material.
- -- Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor. Work Environment
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort,
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time. Minimum Qualifications
- Commercial Driver.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and Experience
- --HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility. -- Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience and Waterworks experience. --
Keywords: Core and Main, Springdale , Warehouse Associate I (Driving Required)*, Professions , Springdale, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!