Journeyman Lineman Relocation to Colorado - $10K Sign-On!
Company: Black Hills Energy
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Job SpecificationsWe are seeking experienced Journeyman Lineman to
join our growing team in Pueblo, Colorado. You must have completed
a four year apprentice program to be considered. This important
role will provide new overhead and underground electric service to
customers. You will perform work in construction and maintenance of
overhead and underground primary and secondary lines. Black Hills
Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants
must be legally authorized to work in the US. LOCATION: Pueblo,
Colorado: Enjoy a calmer pace of life, lower cost of living and
easy access to the larger Denver area. There is exceptional dining
and shopping, extravagant arts and culture, as well as tons of
outdoor recreational activities to fill your time.
--- Visit Pueblo:
--- Visit Us - City of Pueblo: PAY RANGE: A $10,000 sign-on bonus
is offered for this position!
- DOL Certified: $43.46 per hour
- Non-DOL Certified: $42.21 per hour
- Overtime on Saturday and Sunday is paid at double time. CLOSING
DATE: This position will remain open until filled.REPORTING
RELATIONSHIP: Electric Operations SupervisorESSENTIAL JOB
- Perform switching operations on transmission and distribution
- Skilled in repair and maintenance functions on service,
secondary, distribution, and transmission systems.
- Proficient in erection and setting of utility poles and
structures, conductor pulling and stringing operations, transformer
connections, and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot, install, replace or repair primary and secondary
spans of both underground and overhead systems.
- Safely performs energizing or de-energizing of electrical lines
and transformers through the use of dead-front elbows, jumpers,
fused cutouts, reclosers, switches, and switchgear.
- Has a working knowledge of meter installation and removal to
include proper documentation
- Proficient in hot work procedures utilizing both rubber gloves
and sleeves, as well as hot stick procedures.
- Assists with the required training of apprentice lineman
following our internal Joint Apprenticeship Committee
- Work on power quality and system reliability issues as
- Utilize electric equipment to perform and complete daily
- Proficient in record keeping with the ability to utilize
computer programs.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to work outside, in extreme weather and
temperature for extended periods of time.
- This position may also include some travel for specialized
training to other Black Hills Energy locations and for mutual aid
- Required to perform stand-by as an outage first responder.
- Willing to work overtime for after-hours callouts and extended
- A Journeyman Lineman (DOL) shall have completed a qualified (4)
year apprenticeship, or have completed 7200 hours of documented
Lineman training, and be Department of Labor (DOL) certified.
- Journeyman Lineman (NON-DOL) shall have completed a qualified
(4) year apprenticeship, or have completed 7200 hours of documented
Lineman training, and be able to obtain Department of Labor (DOL)
certification within 18 months of hire.
- Ability to attain and maintain a valid Colorado CDL Class "A"
Driver's license within 90 days of hire.
- High school diploma or equivalent.KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Work requires knowledge of and to follow all Construction and
- Work requires knowledge of and to follow all Company Policies
and Safety Practices.
- Must be able to complete OSHA requirements as outlined.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.PHYSICAL
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions
of the position with or without accommodation.
- Be a proficient pole climber.
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds and move object.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated
work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and
squatting to access tasks. About our Company: We are a customer
focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our
communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a
vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture
sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and
possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800
employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility
customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming,
Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).Enjoy our
Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k)
(6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution),
tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO,
military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating
holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid
maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and
competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.The information
contained in this position description describes the general nature
and level of work being performed in this job. This description is
not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities,
duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The
incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and
efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety
regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an
offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change
periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective
bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the
collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.Black Hills Energy
does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be
legally authorized to work in the US.We are an EEO Employer.
Keywords: Black Hills Energy, Springdale , Journeyman Lineman Relocation to Colorado - $10K Sign-On!, Professions , Springdale, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!